Friday 17 April 2009

And a Grand Time was had by All




Tuesday we took a day off from Theme Parks and met up with my sis and my niece and nephew. I love my sister Paula. She is a very, very special woman, plagued by too many illnesses to mention and yet she manages to spread a little magic wherever she goes. We went down to 5 Arches with our puppy Harry. Not an easy thing for Paula to do as she has recently lost her adorable dog Pippa who was with us all for 17 years! We all miss her, but for Paula, she has left an enormous gap in her life.

Paula and my Charlotte x x

Toby (11), My Ellie (now 13), Holly 8 and My Lucy (14)

The children had so much fun paddling along the river. Harry attempted a dip but was rather nervous as last week when we came here he decided to chase some ducks. He dived into the water after them and disappeared under the water. We all gasped, as he had never been in the water before and proceeded to resurfaced and scamper out of the very deep water with pond weed all over his head. At least we know he can swim now!



Everyone is a bit wet!


In the afternoon the birthday girl came round. Joyce is Mark's Nan and at 87, full of beans. She is definitely a 'glass half full woman' and a joy to be around. Here she is with my Mark and his Mum x x








Lucy and Beth


And then My Lucy had her Night Cub debut! Her friend was desparate to go. Beth has acquired quite a taste for the opposite sex and was so excited. Lucy loves to dance but was a little overwhelmed by the whole thing. It was very loud, heaving with people and Lucy wasn't overkeen on the boys totally disregarding her right to a little personal space! I'm sure that will change very soon but at least for now I was quite relieved to get a phone call asking me to pick her up early. I'm glad she went. She wants to do it again, but with a bigger group. She felt as though she was holding her friend back. Thank goodness it was a well organised event for under 17's .


Jamie, Charlotte, Mark, Nathan, Ellie and Lucy


Wednesday was another leisurely day. We went walking over Shoreham Country Park. It is beautiful and Harry really enjoyed being off the lead and running around all over the place. It's a great place to switch off. You look at your family, happy and carefree and take stock at how lucky you are. Life with 5 children is hard work, you should see my washing pile, but full of so many advantages. I love them all xx





Me and my girls (looking somewhat windswept)

Alton Towers, a very early start and a 4 hour drive. We had a great day. The theme park was huge and one day wasn't nearly enough to cover it all. The weather was horrid. Very wet. But they all had a great time. We were exhausted when we left and hadn't even covered half the park. Will definitely go back to discover the rest.

And today, we've had a low key day. The boys are going back to their Mum and will be sorely missed by us all, especially my Mark, who finds it unbearable without them. Wishing them back soon xx


No comments:

Post a Comment