Wednesday 8 April 2009

Turning 13

Ellie is my middle daughter. Just about to turn 13. A teenager and acting like one to! Well a very watered down version maybe but I'm having to adjust!


Tonight she has a sleepover. I hate sleepovers, but my girls love them. Why? They get no sleep, nor do the rest of the family and we all end up grumpy!


Things are tight at the moment. Mark owns a financial Advisors company and they are struggling big time. They have had to get rid of nearly all the staff and can't even pay themselves. My second husband Jason who walked out on me when I was eight months pregnant with our daughter Charlotte, used to be a partner in an estate agent so he doesn't have a job at the moment.


So this was my budget party for my Ellie. I had it all planned. The boys are with their Mum and Lucy and Charlotte were going to stay with Jason, so Ellie could make as much noise, without having to worry about her 3 year old sister being woken. but this is grit your teeth time as always. Jason has got some building work for a friend and needs to work very late. If the girls were going to benefit from this work then maybe it would be easier not to feel hurt, but no money is coming this way this month. I rarely ask for his help because he always lets the girls down, but stupidely I thought he would want Ellie to have a great time and Charlotte and Lucy to get some sleep. Rise above it. It's hard!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne! Thanks for visiting my madness. :D

    I see you have your hands full too! Maybe we can laugh and cry together.WAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed you started following my blog and popped over for a look. You seem to be just starting out in this addictive craze called blogging. Good luck with that.

    I have a couple of 'awful' teenage girls - the road has been the best of times but also the worst of times. They are certainly sent to test us!!

    Good luck with the party!!

    Jen
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou girls for your comments. Yes I am a complete virgin to this. Just thought it would make a nice diary. Can also see now that it is an excellent way to be inspired by all you fabulous women xx

    ReplyDelete