Tuesday 21 April 2009

Sleepless Night


We all get them, for various reasons, up with the children or the animals, stress etc etc.


But I was so tired last night. I fell asleep last night around 10 and was awake again at 12:39. I was still awake at 5:03 when I decided sleep was not an option as the alarm goes off at 5:55am, so I got up and went for a run, more thinking!


Sometimes your brain just won't switch off. I was thinking about all sorts.


I was thinking especially about how people touch your life. Some people by one simple act of kindness can brighten your day, a quick smile or hello when I'm running or taking the dog out can really shift my mood. It doesn't cost anything but can make a difference.

People drift into and out of your life as it changes, but some people make a huge imprint on your heart. It' s sad that some of those friendships get lost on the way, but you always remember them.

If I knew where all these people were, I would love to write to them, for no other reason than to say thankyou, you changed the course of my life for the better.

Some people in my life I have lost through an argument, or bad circumstances, which makes me sad. Unfortunately for me, when I take some one into my heart, it's forever. It's not a question of who is right and who is wrong. Relationships are a work in progress, they are hard and it's a shame in today's soceity that people aren't prepared to work a little harder. It's such a dispensable soceity and people can be selfish.


Friends of mine have let me down, or needed things that I was unable to give them, have slipped away. Its just sad. And yet they have touched my life in a way that I will never forget.


I have a friend at the moment who is so kind. We are really struggling financially at the moment. Mark owns a Financial Advisors Business, obviously, things have not been going great. My ex, Jason used to own an estate agents, where we used to work together, but times have been too tough for him to stay in the business, so he can't contribute and Lucy and Ellie's father doesn't either. We stretched ourselves too far to buy our home inorder to accommodate 5 children and basically don't have enough coming in to pay the bills. As part of my divorce settlement, Jason was mean't to provide me with a car, but had to take it back when he lost is job. My friend Helen came to the rescue and let us borrow her car for 6 months. It is the kindest thing anyone has ever done and I was blown away by her generosity. The car was about 14 years old, so not the best car in the world, but made a huge difference to my life. It enabled me to transport the girls to school. The car has been returned now and I have managed to get a run around myself. I haven't been able to treat Helen in order to say thankyou as Mark hasn't been able to pay himself for the last couple of months. I fell terribly guilty, I am so grateful to her, she has been such a special friend. Thank you Helen xx




3 comments:

  1. My heavens!!! I am so sorry for your struggles!

    It is the little things that make the biggest difference. I always go out of my way at work to congratulate someone for an award or a bday. It means so much to them. They are truly surprised for the act of kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unemployment in America is up to around 9%. How is it in the United Kingdom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many of my friends have not been affected, but I have 8 years international banking experience and 8 years estate agency, so I can't even find a job to help out.

    You sound a great friend and it's people like you that do make a massive difference to peoples lives. Thankyou for cheering me up x x

    ReplyDelete